Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cresent Cinnamon Rolls

I originally found this recipe on Pinterest.  I am kind of in awe of the things you can do with cresent rolls.  Haha!
 
FIRST..
I used the "roll" type cresent rolls.  I opened the container of cresent rolls and unrolled them before I pulled them apart. (see photo below)
 


I think mixed the cinnamon & sugar. (Photo below)
  1 stick of room temp. butter (I used Blue Bonnet)
  1 teaspoon of cinnamon
  1 cup of sugar

..you want to make sure the butter is room temp or it won't mix in well with the cinnamon & sugar.


Then once mixed well, spread it all over the rolled out cresent rolls. (photo below)

 
 
 
Then roll them back up and pull them apart.  Then place them in a baking dish, NOT on a cookie sheet because the butter mixture will melt and fill the bottom of the dish.
 
...I used a 9x13 pyrex glass pan.
 



 

This is what they will look like after you take them out of the oven.  Bake them as directed on the package the cresent rolls come in.  (photo below)
If you look close you can see the butter mixture bubbling between the rolls.  This is why you don't want to make sure you use a cake pan or a jelly roll pan.  :)


For the frosting I just mixed powered sugar and milk.  I then put about a tablespoon of frosting over each cinnamon roll while they were still hot so it melted over top of them. (photo below)





1 comment: